The following are urgent precautions taken by Sunfield Home Wellington until further notice.
ONE OF THE MEASURES TAKEN BY THE PRESIDENCY IS THAT ALL SCHOOLS WILL CLOSE FROM WEDNESDAY 19 MARCH 2020 AND RE-OPENS TUESDAY 14 APRIL 2020.
SUNFIELD HOME WELLINGTON IS FOLLOWING THIS MEASURE AND TOTAL ACCESS CONTROL TO SUNFIELD HOME WELLINGTON WILL BE APPLIED AS FROM FRIDAY 20 MARCH 2020 UNTIL TUESDAY 14 APRIL 2020.
1. This means that no resident may leave the premises after 17:00, Friday 20 March 2020 and/or return to Sunfield on/or before Tuesday 14 April 2020. Therefore, if you should fetch your child on Friday, he/she may only return on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
2. As from Friday 20 March 2020 at 17:00 no parent/family may visit a resident at Sunfield Home Wellington’s grounds/facilities during this period thus meaning NO contact with people from outside will be allowed.
3. For this reason, you are kindly requested to notify Gerhard or Sr. Cherryl by Wednesday 18 March to confirm whether your child will be fetched this coming Friday and/or he/she will stay at Sunfield Home Wellington until Tuesday 14 April 2020. If no notice is received, we will assume that your child will be staying at Sunfield Home Wellington for the period.
4. The residents of Marais Street will be isolated to Marais Street and will remain in isolation at Marais Street. This means that they will not come to the larger Sunfield campus. Food and other supplies will be taken to them daily. Mr. Gerhard van Aardt will visit the residents of Marais Street and inform them of the precautions taken.
5. House Liebenberg residents who are not going home on Friday 20 March 2020 will also remain in isolation and no visits from parents/families will be allowed.
6. The last day of day-care is Friday 20 March 2020 and they can return on Tuesday 14 April 2020.
7. Parcels for residents will not be accepted after Friday 20 March 2020. Important purchases such as medication will then be done by Sunfield Home, if requested by you.
8. All residents will receive the flu injection. Currently, Berg River Pharmacy does not have stock, but once we receive it, it will be administered to all residents and staff.
9. All excursions and activities are cancelled. This include all sporting events, the birthday lunch, the Passion play and church visits on Sundays.
10. Appointments with physiotherapists, dentists e.g. will be can cancelled as from Saturday 21 March 2020. Visits to town by residents will also not be allowed.
11. Access control will be applied by security. Any person who enters Sunfield Wellington’s grounds such as food services and contractors, temperature will be scanned before entering and they must declare any symptoms they might have. Security will enter the person’s information on the login sheet they use.
12. After security has cleared the visitor to enter Sunfield’s premises, they will first have to wash their hands at hand sanitation facilities that will be placed at strategic points such as at the sick bay, reception, kitchen, workshop before any contact are made with staff.
13. Parents/family are requested to provide residents with disinfectant hand wash that have an alcohol level of 70% and above, tissues and anti-bacterial “wipes”.
14. Staff will also be scanned at the gate by security before they can gain access to the site and may not leave and return the site during the day. Staff will disinfect their hands when entering the premises.